Find information and details about Riverwise Detroit Tours below. If you have a specific question, please send us a note at [email protected]
- To request a tour, send an email to Captain Shea at [email protected].
- Our sail and power boats can accommodate up to 6 people.
- If you have a special event in mind, send us a note. We are happy to accommodate you. We have hosted marriage proposals, birthdays, anniversaries and lots of other fun events.
- 2-hour tours start at 10AM, 1PM, 4PM or 7PM. Please specify preferred start time in your inquiry. For longer tours, start times can be discussed at booking.
Payment, refunds, and cancellations:
- We prefer payment through Venmo or cashApp.
- To secure your booking, we ask for a 10% deposit. Full payment required 24 hours before departure.
- We will provide a full refund if we cancel for bad weather or other safety concerns.
- Please let us know if you need to reschedule your tour–we are very flexible but ask that you let us know at least 48 hours in advance of your scheduled trip.
Directions and parking:
- Our home port is Grayhaven, a small, welcoming harbor on the Detroit River on the east side of Detroit, Michigan. Once you’ve booked, you will receive details on where to park and how to find the boat.
- With your reservation, you also have access to Grayhaven’s park along the river, with grills, picnic areas, and bathrooms for the day.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before departure time to become familiar with our boats and safety procedures.
- Docks and boats are often wet and slippery, so please wear shoes that can get wet and have good traction. Tennis shoes or water shoes are recommended.
- Bring a jacket or sweater– the wind can pick up on the water.
- There is a small bathroom available for use on board.
Food & drinks:
- Feel free to bring your own food and drinks, including alcoholic beverages for guests over 21.
- We provide plates and utensils as well as water and light snacks.
- Consider bringing a cooler for your cold food and drinks.
Are children allowed?
- We love kids! Kids are welcome aboard.
- Life jackets are required for anyone 12 or under. We have life jackets for all sizes–adults and kids.
- No swimming is allowed from the docks or boats.
- We love pets, but please don’t bring them on board.
- No open flames, smoking, or vaping.
- No weapons.
- Covid safety: this is an outdoor activity, but we are all vaccinated, and hope you are too.